Recently on Cyclingnews.com
Photo ©: Schaaf
Milan, Italy, September 20 - 23, 2002
What's new at EICMA
A Colnago with suspension
Photo: © Tim Maloney/CN
Italy, home of some of the best bike companies in the world, and come September,
home to the EICMA Bike Show.
The 60th edition of the EICMA Milan Bike Show filled the Milan Fiera exhibition
centre with some of the sweetest bike frames and components that money can (and
sometimes can't) buy.
Carbon meets steel
Photo: © Tim Maloney/CN
With companies such as Pinarello, who unveiled the new magnesium DogMa, Colnago,
Wilier Triestina, Campagnolo, Selle Italia, FIR, Santini and many more unveiling
their latest and greatest bikes and equipment , the Italian companies once again
showed the bike industry at large what will be big next year. And one company
showed the crowd that old school track bikes are just as desirable as the new
This is the second in our series of in-depth 2002 trade show coverage, starting
and heading off to Interbike Las Vegas next.
Tim Maloney's EICMA
2002 Report - Tim
Maloney's EICMA 2002 Report part 2
Images by Tim Maloney/Cyclingnews
- Colnago's new limited edition (750 bikes) Colnago-Ferrari CF3, with Ferrari V-10 F1 motor, (Motor not included)
- Uncle Ernesto makes fat tire flyers! Annabella Stopparo will ride a XTR equipped Colnago MTB in 2003.
- Ugo De Rosa's newest model for '03, the Dual
- Detail of the Dual's full carbon rear triangle
- Updated for '03 , De Rosa's Planet now with carbon rear stays
- Detail of the De Rosa Dual's monobox/carbon join
- Troy Corser's
Ducati Bianchi EV3
- Dekker, Friere, Bettini & Popovych all have new Colnago C-40 HP's for the upcoming World Championships
- Challenge has re-launched the old Clement tread patterns, such as Paris-Roubaix
- Luigino Pista , old-school frame, old Campy parts, very limited edition
- Detail shot of the '03 De Rosa's Planet
- PMP's new Fixed Gear Hub Kit
- Detailed shot of the PMP tensioner and hub
- The whole PMP kit
- Falco Salvodelli's Giro d'Italia winning Coppi KXR8
- The Giegi Spider jersey was the most popular model this summer
- Battaglin's new Mantra; carbon fibre tubes, CNC integrated head tube, bottom bracket and seat cluster
- Fondriest's new U 107 frame ; Aluminium tubing, Mizuno CF fork, and full CF monobox rear
- The new Pinarello Onda fork is made to look like this.
- Pinarello Dogma detail: Real 100% Magnesium!
- Multo Carbonio! Battaglin Mantra rear detail shot
- The Dogma is made from Magnesium AK 61 tubes from Dedacciai, exclusive to Pinarello for the next two year.
- Detail of Pegoretti's double plate fork crown, not cast like in the old days, but a modern CNC version.
- Specialized's new Pro MTB shoe
- Specialized's new Pro Road shoe
- Grrrrr… like a tiger
- Battaglin's Tre Cime drew a lot of interest at EICMA Milano
back to top