Transfers and Contracts- Team Acceptcard the second new Danish cycling team, have signed with Bjoernar Vestoel from Norway, he is 23 years old. Last year he rode for a Frenche amateur team from Alsace. They have also signed 29-year old Danish amateur, Martin Kryger.
- An agreement has been reached which will make the Riso Scotti company the sponsor for Emanuele Bombini's 1998 team: the agreement was signed yesterday between Dr. Dario Scotti, administrator of the company that bears his name and manager Bombini. The team which will also count on the backing by Gewiss, the Bergamascan company that has been with Bombini in '94, '95 & '96, will be equipped by Ugo De Rosa bicycles. The team is composed of 16 riders: Fabio Baldato, Vladislav Bobrik, Andrea Brognara, Roberto Caruso, Stefano Casagranda, Bruno Cenghialta, Federico De Beni, Moreno Di Biase, Danilo Di Luca, Riccardo Ferrari, Nicola Miceli, Nicola Minali, Giuseppe Palumbo, Roberto Pistore, Michele Rezzani, Alessandro Spezialetti. The first meeting will be on November 18.
- After Fabio Malberti, Individual Time Trial World Champion for the under 23, Team Asics-CGA run by Franco Arese & Davide Boifava have added Kurt-Atle Arvesen, the World Champion of the road race at San Sebastian. The man from Lombardia will debut next to Michele Bartoli in February.
- Olympian Antonella Bellutti will ride beside Fabiana Luperini in 1998, the Italian champion who has dominated the Giro d'Italia & Tour de France since 1995. The team is called Sanson Mimosa, but may change sponsors next year. Belluti who won the (Track) World Cup for '97 and the European Championships, will dedicate mostly next season to road racing.
- Giorgio Furlan, who raced last year with Team Saeco, will ride with Team Vini Caldirola for 1998 (ex Aki-Safi).
- The Dutch amateur Christian van Dartel (21/AGU) goes to the German team Nürnberger. He won the ITT in the last Olympia's Tour. AGU-teammate Remco van der Ven (22), winner of the last Olympia's Tour, goes to TVM in the summer of 1988 because his study. Till that time he will be still with AGU
Grenoble Drugs BustYesterday I mentioned that a rider had been detained by Police after they swooped on the Velodrome and took away suspect substances. In fact, it was an assistant that was detained and released on Wednesday.
Latest is that no announcement has been made as to whether he will be prosecuted for any offence. The laboratory Châtenay-Malabry, near Paris, is doing research on the suspected substances that were seized. Further, 8 Belgium riders in the Grenoble 6 were required to go to the control for drugs testing. Their names have